For general enquiries please call 087 820 4949
The CSO Cape Town security staff and volunteers are a committed team of community members who dedicate hours of their time (away from their families on Shabbat, Festivals, and even December Holidays) to protecting our community. They are trained and experienced in responding to and dealing with an incident at a Shul, school or community event. The 24-hour CSO control room provides the key contact point for community members to contact in an emergency. The CSO ensures that all available members and, if required, all key emergency services are contacted to deal with an incident.
CSO Cape Town:
- Provide a security presence and offer security advice at Cape Town Shuls, Jewish schools, Jewish community organizations, communal & religious events and community youth camps;
- Undertake regular reviews of installation security and recommend improvements;
- Train parents to protect children at Jewish Schools;
- Train commercial security guards at Jewish schools and other facilities;
- Liaise with State and Private Emergency services to ensure our community gets the best possible protection;
- Ensures community security emergency procedures are in place in the event of a major catastrophe.